Spring is here! The weather is gorgeous and it’s time to open the windows and start that spring cleaning. But where to start? What needs to be done? If you’re not sure exactly what needs to be cleaned, we’ve got the checklist just for you.
- Vacuum/Wipe Down Walls and Ceilings: Start by vacuuming to remove as much loose dirt and dust as possible. Follow this with a soft cloth. Wash with water and soap mixture to clean really dirty areas.
- Dust: Choose a quality duster that will trap and remove the dust (ex: microfiber cloth) rather than just spread it around. Dust all surfaces of your home including shelves, knick knacks, photos, lamp shades, door trim, window casings and ceiling fans.
- Air Vents: Remove and soak coverings in soapy water or bleach.
- Windows: Clean the windows inside and out.
- Baseboards: Dust and wipe down baseboards.
- Drapes/Blinds/Window Treatments: Clean the drapes and blinds. If heavy winter drapes are used, remove, clean and store them. Replace with lighter warm weather window treatments.
- Oven/Stove Cleaning: In addition to cleaning the inside of the oven, look at the exhaust vents. Clean the grease traps and vents as well. Pull the oven out and clean behind the unit to remove excess dust and debris that has dropped/dripped down over the months.
- Smoke Detectors/Alarms: Replace batteries in all smoke detector units.