Right now we are in the summer months and the hottest time in summer at that.
Below are some helpful ways that can help conserve energy and lower your monthly electric bill.
- Dirty filters can restrict airflow and cause your system to work harder. Replace your AC filters at least once a month. This will make a big difference.
- Turn off appliances & lights when not in use. Even unplugging electronic devices and chargers when not in use can help out.
- Keep your drapes closed and shades down to keep that summer heat out. Installing Solar Screens can even work with this as well.
- Try washing your clothing in the early morning or late evening. Using cold water too is helpful.
- And lastly try purchasing Energy Star products. These can range from light bulbs to appliances.
Any little bit will help but of course the more you can conserve the better.
Stay cool out there and Happy Summer!